You have a big opportunity in font of you — to not only impact a child’s life today, but to transform their potential for tomorrow.
Become a Defender of Potential
We believe that all children should have the opportunity to succeed in life and live up to their full potential. Sometimes, youth need someone to help them along that path.
We’re always looking for people eager to positively impact a child and improve their community at the same time. Big Brothers especially are in high demand.
Think back to when you were a child — who was that special person who brought a little magic into your life just by being there for you? Who took you to your first ballgame? Who helped you with math homework? Who made you laugh so hard your stomach hurt? By becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister, you can be that special person in the life of a child.
For a few hours a month, you can give a Little the invaluable gift of your friendship. By simply having fun together, changing their perspective of what the world can offer, giving them someone to talk to, and introducing them to new things, you can positively impact their life and create those little moments that are so magical for a young person.
While we are certain you both will be forever changed by the experience, don’t just take it from us…. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @BBBSLR for some amazing stories of what it means to be a role model. And if you still have questions, please reach out to our Enrollment Specialist at email@example.com
BECOME A DEFENDER OF POTENTIAL BY JOINING A LARGE TEAM OF DISTINGUISHED BBBS PROGRAMS
- We have nationwide measures for the Strength of Relationships and Positive Outcomes.
- We are a nationwide federation of 300 agencies with over a century of experience. Through this network, we share best practices and mutual guidance.
- We are the largest one-to-one mentoring organization in the world.
- We have a national office that provides mentoring leadership to the nation and supportive assistance to agencies.
- We have a Nationwide Strategic Direction, a BBBSA Business Plan, and agencies have their individual Agency Business Plans.
- We define ourselves by what we achieve, not just by what we do. We are making impact in strengthening positive relationships for our Littles, helping them improve their academic success, and supporting them in reducing risky behaviors such as violence and substance abuse.
- We have a Service Delivery System that includes performance metrics that enable us to set goals for Quality and to track our progress. The Service Delivery System includes essential practices for carrying out Recruitment and Partnership Development, Customer Relations, Enrollment and Match, and Match Support.
- We have zero tolerance for child abuse. We have a nationwide Child Safety System that treats child sexual abuse frankly and openly in discussions and strategies to reduce sexual abuse involving our Littles.
- We have our Match Force System that is increasing its coverage yearly with the goal of involving all BBBS matches. Match Force contains records of every individual match file and enables real time performance management based on report summaries from those files.